In choosing an estate trustee, a testator should consider the following factors:
- The age and health of the prospective estate trustee
- Competence of the Trustee
- Availability and willingness to serve.
- Proximity to the beneficiary -where the prospective estate trustee lives
- Ability to serve without conflict of interest.
- The honesty, capability and responsibility of the prospective estate trustee
- The familiarity of the prospective estate trustee with the testator’s asset and family situation.
- Ability of the trustee to act in the best interest of the beneficiaries
- Understanding of the testators’ objectives and the knowledge of the beneficiaries’ needs and circumstances.
- Knowledge of the subject matter of the trust and the size of the estate.
Please call us on 0207 183 0084 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org if you need advise and to ask us about any reservations or queries that you may have; we are always happy to assist.