Do you need an alcohol or premises license?

All premises where alcohol is supplied need to be licensed. A license can be obtained by applying to the Local Authority where the premises is located. A premises licence will be required for one or more of the following activities:

Retail sale of alcohol
Supply of alcohol to or on behalf of a club or when ordered by a club member
Supply of hot food or drink between 11pm and 5am the following morning

Contact us if you need to obtain a personal or premises license. We can help you through the whole application process and maximise your chances of securing a license.
Contact us on 0207 183 0084 or email

Things to consider when you make a licensing application

Personal License
All premises licences authorising the supply of alcohol must have an identified personal licence holder.  This ensures there is always one specified individual who can be readily identified at a premises where a premises licence is in force.  This person will usually be responsible for the day-to-day running of the premises. Read more

Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS)
Applications need to include the applicants’ details and those of the ‘designated premises supervisor’, who must be a personal licence holder. The designated premises supervisor is responsible for making sure the premises operate legally and meet any conditions attached to the licence.

Operating Schedule & Plan
Applications need to include a detailed plan of the premises and an operating schedule. The operating schedule should include the type of licensable activities and opening hours amongst other things.

Advertising your licence application
You must advertise your application, if you are applying for a new premises licence, to vary a premises licence, for a club premises certificate, to vary a club premises certificate, for a provisional statement. You must display a notice at the property called “the blue notice” as it must be on blue paper, and you must also display an advert in the local newspaper

If you have any questions about the licensing process, please contact us on 0207 183 0084 or email